Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Weight loss so far

Week 1: 200.6
Week 2: 196.8
Week 3: 194.4
Week 4: 191.4
Week 5: 190.4
Week 6: 189.8
Week 7: 187
Week 8: 186.4
Week 9:: 185
Week 10: 183

So far, so good. I've been losing at a reasonable rate--aside from my first month where I was seeing a few 3+ pound losses. Lately, a big loss is 2, and a more typical loss is 1 pound. In 9 weeks, I've lost about 17 pounds and I can definitely feel it in my energy levels. Even without exercising much, I feel like it's easier to be active when I'm carrying around less weight. My clothes are fitting better too. I've gone down from a size 16 to size 14 and I'm looking forward to fitting into a size 12 again (I feel like that will happen once I'm back in the low 170s.)

Notice that I say it "will happen." I have no doubts that I can lose the weight. It may take a while, but I'm pretty happy being in the 180s, so I'm content to go slowly. They say that the slower it takes to lose it, the easier it stays off. Honestly, I think the longer you keep it off, the easier it is to stay off, but whatever, the two are intertwined. 

Anyhow, things are going well, other than the fact that I feel like I'm out of my writing groove. My writing has been sucking lately and it's getting on my nerves. My goal this week is to exercise three times, so without further ado, here is my exercise plan:

Tuesday: nothing

Wednesday: nothing (forgot my gym bag and I have a late meeting)

Thursday: 7:30 am appointment at Curves for a free consultation (30 minutes)

Friday: workout after work. 20 minutes on elliptical, 10 minutes on the treadmill (4-4.5). 3 sets of 10 reps for biceps, 30 sit ups.

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Zumba video

Monday: Workout in the AM before work, 20 minutes on elliptical, 10 minutes on the treadmill (4-4.5). 3 sets of 10 reps for biceps, 30 sit ups.

Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! So glad to see you out here and writing again! Congrats on your marriage and your girls. :-)

    ReplyDelete