Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday Mornings

Weekend mornings with two babies under the age of two is fun, if not a lot a work :)

Caroline woke up first, as usual, at about 7:30, which wasn't so bad. Nathan and I went downstairs and divided and conquered--he made coffee and I fed Caroline a bottle. Then we hung out, drank coffee, watched a bizarre parade on television, and fed Caroline her breakfast--half a mushed banana and some rice cereal. Pretty soon, Caroline was ready for her morning nap and I went upstairs and folded some laundry, while Nathan straightened up the downstairs.

Then, I got hungry and made some oatmeal. I figured Olivia would be up soon so I made two servings of creamy banana oatmeal. If you're interested, the recipe is 3/4 cup oats, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup milk, a banana and a half, 2 tablespoons of raisins, and a dash of vanilla (7 points a serving) and Olivia loved it. She got oatmeal everywhere--in her hair, on her face, all over the high chair, but she had a blast.

Meanwhile, we are trying to sell our king-sized mattress from the guest room (because we just turned that into Caroline's bedroom). So the box springs were propped up in the dining room. My cat Fanny couldn't resist attacking them and they plopped on the dining room table, starting both Olivia and myself. Fanny, the little devil, ran away, and then Caroline woke up (of course).

So now we are all hanging out in the living room. Both babies are now in their diapers, playing on the floor. Olivia is going from place to place, knocking things over (not the box springs, thankfully). Nathan is playing a video game and Caroline is on her tummy, rolling back and forth over the blankets, while keeping her eyes glued on Olivia.

I'm trying to work up the energy to look for my computer charger, make a grocery list, and get in some much needed exercise for the day. I am quite proud of myself this week, because I haven't touched any of my Weekly Points. On the other hand, my exercise has been non-existent. People are starting to comment on my weight loss so far (just about 10 pounds since WW but about 45 pounds since being pregnant with Caroline).

Now, Olivia is trying to yank to cord out of the tv, so I'm going to grab her. Happy Sunday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment