Thursday, June 16, 2011

A New Decade

It's official. I weighed in this morning and saw a number I haven't seen in a very long time: 159.5.

I was kind of stunned when I saw the number, so I walked around my apartment, made some coffee, and checked a second time. Yup, still there =)

I am officially in the 150s!!!

While I am definitely excited about my weight loss and being less than 10 pounds from my "goal weight," a couple of less happy thoughts keep popping up in my head:

  • My body is nowhere near perfect. I thought I'd feel really "skinny" when I got into the 150s. Sadly, that is not the case. First of all, realistically being 5'5'' (and barely that) and 159 pounds does not equal skinny, in anyone's book. I guess, when I was in the 200s, the 150s seemed really small, but that is no longer the case.
  • My life is nowhere near perfect. I thought losing weight would radically change my life and make everything wonderful. While losing weight has been terrific, it has not made my life perfect or solved any of my other problems.
  • The right guy hasn't magically shown up on his white horse to take me to his castle. I guess I thought that my weight was holding me back on the guys front, and well...unfortunately my guy problems were not a direct result of my weight issues.
  • Lastly, I think I'm going to need to set a new goal weight. I'd like to be thin, and yeah, I know this last 9.5 pounds will help, but I think I'm going to need to reset my goal weight. Which is kind of a downer...

Okay, okay, okay. I know what you're thinking: Katie why are you being such a Debby downer? Why are you deliberately looking at the glass as half empty? Well, there are a couple of easy answers...read: PMS, guy problems, and sleep deprivation.

But, it's also, a tiny bit anticlimactic hitting the 150s. The evil part of my brain says, "Yeah, so?" But the other part is thrilled =) Can anyone else empathize with having conflicted feelings about hitting weight loss milestones?

4 comments:

  1. YES. 100%, yes.

    I also thought that hitting certain numbers would mean "skinny" and I've had to learn to accept my body for what it is... and it's not skinny. But it is pretty wonderful, and some skinny people would kill for my curves. ;-)

    P.S. You look skinny and beautiful right now. Don't worry about lowering your goal weight until you get there. That's my advice anyway.

    GREAT POST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of people go into their WLJ thinking that all their problems will be solved once they hit goal. I know If I hadn't seen two of my sisters deal with this, I probably would have two (and I think to an extent, I still do. It's inevitable) It's just soo easy to blame your problems on your weight issues, you know?

    Congrats on your milestone! And great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made it SO far!! Celebrate that girl!!

    However, yes, I can totally relate to the disappointed feelings of hitting certain milestones and not feeling exactly like you thought you would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. Even though I'm not close to goal I still wonder if I'll be happy when I get there. You're doing a great job Katie!

    ReplyDelete