Thursday, November 11, 2010

Recap of Goals

Good morning everyone! I am feeling much more energetic this morning after getting a good night of sleep :)

It felt so good to get out of the office yesterday and go to my Body Pump class. The class was especially difficult because I focused more on form and I used heavier weights. I definitely broke a sweat ;) I'm glad that I'm starting to incorporate more strength training into my workouts because I feel more toned, overall, especially in my arms and shoulders. I've always been a bit skeptical about weight training because I didn't want to "bulk up," but none of the people in my class (even the men) are large. Instead, they are lean and strong. My class focuses on using smaller weights with many reps, so maybe that explains it.

After the class, I stopped by the grocery store and picked up some essentials for dinner. I settled on a chicken salad with an irresistable ciabatta roll. I bought a package of the rolls and each roll was about 300 calories, so I assumed they'd be 4-5points. I was wrong--each roll was 6 points!! But it was so yummy and filling and I had the points to spare, so it wasn't a big deal.

The salad contained the following:

1 1/2 cup of mixed lettuce with carrots, onion, and spinach (0)
3 ounces of chicken marinated in honey mustard dressing (3)
1/4 cup of ff cheddar cheese (1)
3/4 cup of reduced sodium pinto beans (2.5)
1 tbsp of honey mustard dressing (1)

Along with the bread, the meal was 13.5 points, which exactly filled my remaining DPs. Anyway, I'm eating leftovers for lunch, and I'm already excited :)

So to recap on my goals for the week...

-I worked out Friday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday--thereby fulfilling my goal to exercise 4 times.

-I stayed within my DPs and WPs, and I even had 4 WPs left to spare :)

This week, I'd like to focus on the following goals:

-Work out 5 times (2 Body Pump classes and 3 cardio sessions)

-Stick to my DPs and WPs

-Not get so sidetracked over the weekend!! I want to be more active and not succumb to pigging out...except for my mini-splurge I have planned for Friday night :)

Anyway, today is my weigh in day, so wish me luck. I'll let you know what the verdict is this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at weigh in!! I'm sure you'll do great!

    And FYI - about the beans - several brands of beans make lower point beans, like Goya Chickpeas or black beans, which are only 1 pt for a half a cup. I know you had the points to spare but if you wanted to have a similar salad but lower point, you could sub the beans!

    ReplyDelete