Thursday, December 16, 2010

No Weigh In Today

I was actually going to weigh in today, despite being somewhat off track this week. But then it decided to snow in Richmond. Forecasters are predicting 3-5 inches of snow. Now, I'm not really afraid of snow--I survived a winter in Syracuse, NY after all--but I really didn't want to risk getting in an accident two days before my vacation. Especially since my tires are low on air and my car is really bad in the snow and I have a 30 minute commute. So when a coworker offered to drive me to and from work, I jumped on the opportunity. And now I'm stuck at work, sans car, so I guess I'm not going to weigh in. But it's also likely that the meeting this afternoon will be cancelled due to snow, as well.

On the bright side, this allowed me to eat a yummy (and large) breakfast of oatmeal and tea this morning. Last night, I went back to my Zumba class and then had a fairly light dinner of a baked sweet potato with butter and marshmallows and a large glass of wine. This morning, I felt pretty hungry, so I'm glad that I didn't have to fast until noon =)

But I haven't gotten out from weighing in, completely. I've been weighing myself (fully clothed/ with sneakers) on the gym scale at the end of the day. The scale is actually showing me pretty positive results. It looks like I'm down to my original low--around 176 pounds. And I'm okay with that.

I leave for vacation tomorrow and I'm not going to count points or be overly concerned with being healthy. I haven't had a week off in over a year, so I'm just going to focus on having a good time and getting in some exercise. And then when I get back home from vacation, I'm going to buy a scale and weigh myself in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment