Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm baaack!

Sorry for the lapse in the blog. It's been a hectic last few days so I'm just now getting a chance to update. The weekend was good. On Friday night, N and I went to the Richmond Squirrels baseball game and it was awesome. The tickets were crazy cheap ($6 per person) and the seats were great--we sat right near homeplate. It was a great time and N and I both got a huge beer (32 ounces) and a pretzel with mustard. After the game, we went back to the jazz club, Bogarts and met up with some of N's friends. Overall, it was a great night.

Then on Saturday, I felt pretty under the weather as a result of a cold and a hangover so I didn't do much of anything besides eat soup and watch Gossip Girl reruns (yes, I know I'm lame). But then on Sunday morning I drove home to see my family and the new puppies!! My parents just adopted two puppies ( a jack russel/ beagle mix and a lab mix) and they are so adorable! Their names are Mattie and Sammy. I took Monday off because I was still feeling sick, and I returned to work today.

It's been a very hectic day so far, what with catching up on work and finishing my freelance article. But I'm caught up (finally) and I submitted the article at 4:30. Whew...

So, enough news. As for the "healthy living," I have to admit I've fallen a little off track. Yesterday, as a result of PMS, I ate my weight in hamburgers, french fries, and bizzarly enough Fiber Bars (they were the closest thing I had to chocolate) and today I've walked around feeling like a fat, bloated pig :( But, as I've said before, this is a lifestyle not a diet and every day can't be perfect. So today I'm going to the gym, and I'm determined to eat healthy. So far, my menu has consisted of:

B: grapes, coffee (2)
L: Progresso soup and sandwich thin (6)
S: Fiber Bar (2)

For dinner, I am having salmon with lentils and spinach and rice, courtesy of Mom :)

Sorry for the rushed post. And I'll let you know how the gym goes in my post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment