Thursday, September 9, 2010

50 pounds!

That's right, I finally did it. Today I reached my 50 pound mark, which I've been flirting with for the last few weeks. I lost 1.6, which brought my total loss to 50.4

I'm pretty excited!

I'm also somewhat confused, especially when I think back to all the food I ate this week--chips with salsa, ribs, mini-hamburgers, ziti with sausage and fennel, a bagel with cream cheese. It's hard to imagine that someone can lose weight while eating all that food. All I can say is, what on earth was I eating pre-WW?

In all due seriousness, portion control is a huge factor. I've found that I can eat some unhealthy foods and still lose weight, as long as I don't eat too much of them too often. I know that sounds like plain common sense, but when you are constantly flipping from diet mode to binge mode, it's hard to imagine that there is a middle ground.

And, for the moment, I seem to have found it :)

Happy Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a HUGE milestone! Make sure you do something nice for yourself to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's amazing. Hope to join you there soon (I'm down 46.2). You rock!

    ReplyDelete