Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dead Broke

I'm only going to say this once, I hate Wachovia. In the past two weeks, they have made TWO errors on my account, each time freezing my funds for 24 hours. Not cool. Especially when you have no cash and are literally paying for gas with dimes and nickels. Oh the joys of being broke.

With that said, I will take this opportunity to think about the good things in my life. I stuck to the Weight Watcher plan yesterday. I counted my points and stayed within them, yay! And I jogged/ walked 1.5 miles outside. And today, I'm wearing an actual dressy outfit: a yellow silk shirt, striped green skirt, and beige high heels. And I'm actually wearing make-up.

And to make things even better, a coworker just gave me a box of Franzia wine. You know, I am generally a little snobby about boxed wine (I'll admit it), but I will take anything at this point, even boxed wine. And who are we kidding, I have $0.19 in my bank account. I have no right to be snobby, whatsoever.

This is an important life lesson for me. When I was in high school and college, I could never imagine that I'd be so poor that I'd be flirting for free lunches and accepting cans of soup and boxes of wine from coworkers.

Speaking of free lunches, my boss bought me Panera for lunch today and I ate 1/2 a roast beef sandwich and a cup of broccoli cheddar soup (12 points). Considering that I didn't eat breakfast, that fits in well with my plan.

I know that statistically speaking obesity is more prevalent among the poor, but, seriously, I've found it easier to eat "light" when I'm broke because I simply don't have the money to splurge on things like ice cream and pizza. I eat a lot of oatmeal, canned soup, rice, and beans, and to be honest it's hard to binge on such boring food.

So, the plan today is to somehow scrounge enough change to pay for gas to drive home, make some rice and beans, and watch Gilmore Girls while drinking my boxed wine. Sound good?

No comments:

Post a Comment