Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Journey Begins

As many of you know, I have taken a 6 week long hiatus from counting points. During this time, I have still managed to lose weight, albeit very slowly. However, today I have decided that it's time to take Weight Watchers seriously once again. I am just about 39 pounds away from a HEALTHY weight, so why should I stop now?

It's time to pull out the points calculator, start measuring, and start really focusing on eating and living healthy. That also means that I'm going to need to cut back on crazy drinking + eating nights, but that's okay. If I get back on the program, there is a very good possibility that I will be bikini-ready by next summer for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. So what am I waiting for?

With that in mind, let's discuss some goals.

1. Attend two exercise classes each week, and work out a minimum of four times a week. Two times per week is really not cutting it, in terms of both my physical and mental health.

2. Count points and STAY WITHIN points. Sounds easy, but it's actually going to be fairly challenging for me.

3. This is a little less related to weight loss, but I'm going to focus on taking better care of myself, i.e. doing my laundry, staying groomed, etc...

Lately, I've lost focus and, as a result, I've lost my sense of accomplishment about my weight loss journey. And that's a downright shame because I've successfully lost 50 pounds and I should feel proud of myself. So, now is the time to get refocused, jump back on the bandwagon, and lose the remainder of the weight FOR GOOD.

I know I can do this. I just need to take it one day at a time. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. you've got this Katie!!!
    You are doing amazing things.
    and I totally hear you about the whole never being bikini ready, I cant wait to see where I am 6 months from now even!

    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete