Friday, September 3, 2010

Southern Cooking

Sometimes it's really nice to cook after a stressful day at work. I got home yesterday feeling wiped out from the day, and decided to cook a comfort food dinner of roasted chicken, collard greens, and rice. My neighbors joked that it was a very southern meal and I guess it is. But basically it was yummy, simple food.

As soon as I got home, I put on my sweat pants, poured a huge glass of wine, and made dinner for myself (and several neighbors in the building). Overall, everyone enjoyed the food and it was a fun night, although I may have single-handedly consumed an entire bottle of red wine ;) This week has been so stressful--what with bills, car issues, weight issues--so it was nice to unwind with some friends and relax for the evening.

By the way, I want to thank everyone for the support yesterday. I know that a gain of .6 is not the end of the world, and hopefully I can get back on track this week and see a good loss next Thursday.

Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. "I may have consumed an entire bottle of red wine" LOVE it. I might need to add WINE to my list of trigger foods because I can very easily do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, but Beth there is no way I'm getting rid of my red wine. No matter how much of a trigger food it is ;)

    ReplyDelete