Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gain

Well, after a pretty out of control week of overeating and over-drinking, I have received my verdict from the official Weight Watcher scale--up 4.8.

That's a pretty scary gain. But I wasn't shocked, by any means. Yesterday, despite my good intentions, turned into a whopper of a day. I probably consumed over 200 points--not that I counted or anything ;) I ended up going out to dinner to a Cuban restaurant with a new guy Eddie, and ate half of a Cuban sandwich (so delicious) and ALL of my fried plantains. Plus a light beer.

Then, I went to my friend Brandi and Josh's house and ate the following: pork roast, mashed potatoes (with tons of butter), veggies, homemade chocolate chip cookies (so yummy) and wine.

And if that wasn't enough, I arrived home pleasantly buzzed and decided to make homemade nachos with a ton of chips and melted cheese. And, drum roll please, if that wasn't enough, I decided to eat the remainder of my Weight Watcher peanut butter bars.

So, in all, a disgusting night for food. With that said, I'm not really freaking out about the 4.8 gain. I knew it was going to be bad, but I figured I might as well weigh in and start fresh this week. In the past, I might have been too ashamed of myself to weigh in. But then the following would inevitably happen: I'd eat badly the next day and say, "I'll start fresh tomorrow" and so on and so on, and then I really wouldn't want to weigh in the following week. That, in fact, is how all of my past diets have died.

But this time, with the help of my friends on Weight Watchers, I've had the strength to face the music, weigh in, and start my week with a clean slate. I know that one disastrous night is not going to break me. On the other hand, I'd really like to limit these binge sessions that have occurred far too frequently this week.

So, I'm going to brainstorm ways to eliminate (or lessen) binges:

1. Keep all trigger food out of the house. The chips are gone and so are the Weight Watcher bars, so that's taken care of.

2. Make sure I eat substantial, hearty meals that fill me up.

3. Do something else. When I feel the urge to binge, I'm going to try to do something else instead--take a bath, go for a walk, etc...

4. Exercise. When I'm focused on taking care of my body, I feel less like destroying it with copious amounts of junk food.


On that note, here are my goals for this week:

1. Follow the plan! Track my points and stay within my allotted DPs and WPs.

2. Exercise 3 times--for real this time!

3. No binging!

4. Get enough sleep.

5. Clean house.


Wish me luck =)

3 comments:

  1. I think you have a really good approach to your gain this week and if you had actually lost weight, it might have been hard for you to snap out of it. It sounds like you have really realistic goals and I'm sure you'll see a huge loss this week if you stick to the plan. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! And great job, weighing in after a day like that, I totally would have skipped...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same exact goals for the week...lol.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete