Monday, January 10, 2011

The Good and the Bad

Hello everyone--I hope you had a nice weekend. It was so awful waking up this morning at 6:15am. I think I've gotten used to sleeping in =) I really did not want to leave my warm covers but here I am at work. Drinking my second cup of black tea.

So, my weekend was good. Health wise, it wasn't perfect but as always it could have been much worse. On Friday, I went to the gym after work and did an interesting workout with my friend Kerrianne--10 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the treadmill (at 5.0-5.5) and 10 hard minutes on the bike, followed my some sit-ups. Sadly, that was my only workout of the weekend--I need to get better about this. Then on Friday night, I went to a bar in Richmond with B and ended up indulging in light beer, gin and tonics (my new favorite drink, by the way) and part of an enormous soft pretzel with queso. It was a lot of fun.

On Saturday, I had a potluck at my friend Tamurlaine's house, and I made my old stand-by--chocolate chip cookies. The cookies were a huge hit and they were completely consumed before dinner was even prepared, see I'm not the only one who has trouble resisting them ;) I tried to watch what I ate at the potluck and I completely avoided the cookies, but at the end of the night I succumbed to a slice of cheese pizza and a breadstick =) And then yesterday, I vowed to track my points and I was doing really well until last night when I was watching my all-time favorite movie with B, Funny Girl, and I just had to taste one of my chocolate chip cookies. And drink a light beer. But the good news is, I sent B home with the rest of the cookies and they are officially out of my house.

I'm pretty sure that my combination of eating/ drinking has completely used up all my WPs, if not exceeded them. So, for the rest of the week I'm going to try to only use my DPs. Social engagements might be my downfall, however, haha. Tonight, my friend Adriane's boyfriend's band is playing a show at the Camel in Richmond and I definitely want to go. And let's face it, I'm probably going to at least have a few drinks. But I've already planned out my day and I'm going to save 5-6 points for a few light beers. I know that I might go over, but hopefully it won't be by too much. I might also try to earn some APs before the show, if I have the time...

Oh, and more good news. I have ice cream bars in my fridge that (drum roll please) have been there for over a week and I've only eaten one. That's a huge accomplishment for me because I usually plow through those things. I'm also fitting comfortably into a new pair of size 12 work pants, yay. All right, time to get back to work. I hope that everyone has a good Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast this weekend! I kind of went crazy at my sister's shower and stepped on the scale 7 pounds higher than in the morning after the party... that was helpful in me staying totally on track yesterday and hopefully today since I WI tomorrow. Glad to know things with B are going well - twice in one weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you had a great weekend! I do the same thing on weekends that I don't track well: Just assume that all the weeklies are gone. If I binged, I assume that all the APs are gone, too. Usually, if I stick to my DPs and earn my usual APs, I still get a loss that week. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete