Friday, July 2, 2010

4th of July

Happy Friday everyone! I'm so glad that the weekend is here so that I can finally catch up on sleep, haha :)

Lately, I have been thinking about my post about tracking. I think that the same philosophy applies to all aspects of my life. To reiterate, in one of my older posts I discussed the idea of the "all of nothing," mentality, i.e. if you eat a cupcake the whole day is ruined so you might as well eat everything. Well, the same idea can be applied for money. For me, if I overspend one day, that can hurl me into a spending "binge," where I completely stop "tracking" my spending and chock it up to a bad day, week, month, etc...Of course, if I was thinking rationally I would realize that one expensive/ careless purchase is so much more managable than fifty...

Now that I am beginning to see this pattern, I understand that I need to get a grip on my finances much like I've done with my weight loss. So, on that note, I asked my landlord if I could make my rent payments bimonthly (to make them more managable), I called my auto insurance company and worked out a managable plan, and made my car payment. Even though I have a long way to go, I feel better for tackling some of the major financial tasks that have been stressing me out for a while.

With all that taken care of, I feel like I can have a good, relaxing weekend :) It's amazing how good it feels to take care of things. I know that I'm far from perfect, but I'm taking some steps in the right direction.

So, moving on...the 4th of July is this weekend and the agenda is:

Tonight (Friday), I am going out with a new guy E to a restaurant really close to my apartment. In fact, this restaurant is one of the places J and I used to go to, so I'm a tiny bit nervous I'll run into him :( Oh well, whatever happens happens. Then on Saturday I'm going on a picnic with A to Belle Island, so that should be fun. And then on Sunday I'm going home to my parents house to watch the fireworks and hang with my family. And on Monday I'm going to spend the day with my best friend M. So, all in all, it should be a VERY busy and fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment