Monday, July 19, 2010

Ran a Mile!

Six months ago, I'm not sure if I could have run a lap without stopping. I am proud to say that on Saturday I ran a mile (4 laps)--without stopping--with my sister Sara. Even though it's only a mile, it's a huge accomplishment for me. I know that if I keep this up I will definitely get into better shape :)

I think I would like to add running to my workout routine. Lately, I've been doing 2-3 dance classes per week plus an elliptical workout. I would like to add 1-2 runs per week so that I could gradually work up to running a longer distance. Now, I need to find a track in Richmond....

Anyway, I had an awesome weekend. I visited my parents, who live in Falls Church, VA, and it was great seeing everyone. On Friday, I went to Georgetown and got dinner at Le Bistro Francais with my best friend Mike, and then we went to Mie N Yu--an awesome bar in Georgetown, where I got a French Kiss, which is basically a French Martini. Yum. Then on Saturday, I went on a run with Sara, then went ice skating with Sara and Nick....and then we went to the Idina Menzel concert at Wolftrapp!!!

Unfortunately, getting to the concert involved some drama. My mom's car broke down and we ended up missing most of the first half. But the good news was that Idina Menzel didn't sing until the second half so we didn't miss seeing her! The concert was really fun and we ate a yummy dinner of cheese, crackers, cherries, baked chicken, kale, and red wine.

On Sunday, the whole family, including my cousin Natalie, went out to brunch. And then we all--except for my brother and dad--went to the lake near my parents house and went swimming. I was very sad to leave on Sunday evening, but I missed my cats, Leo and Fanny--and they were happy when I got home (mostly because I fed them!).

All in all, it was a very fun weekend. But now I have to get back to work. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment