Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy Friday!

It's amazing what a good night's sleep will do for you! I cancelled all my plans last night and went to bed at about 9:30 pm. I feel so much better today, and my head feels much clearer. So now I can properly celebrate my 3 pound loss last week, yay! Even though I obviously have a bunch more to lose, it feels good to finally be approaching that 40 pound mark...and I am less than a pound from Onederland ;) It's strange to have such a big loss after a not-so-great (points wise) week, but I honestly think that my lower losses the past few weeks were not quite accurate either. One person on the WW boards pessimistically told me that my "evil deeds" from last week might catch up with me in my next weigh in. I sincerely hope not.

If you are not familiar with WW, I feel I should explain the message boards. Basically, if you are a WW member you can access many different message boards with members who are similar to you. There are message boards for specific age ranges, amounts of weight to lose, eating disorders, etc... I have been frequently going to the 20s message board (because I'm 24) and let me just tell you--the 20s message board is a tough spot. If you need some tough love or someone to slap you back into reality, that's the place to go.

Anyway, I am excited for the weekend because I am going back to Northern VA to visit my family and friends. Tonight, I'm going out to dinner with my best friend to a cool restaurant in Georgetown, Le Bistro Francais. It's a pretty awesome place with yummy (and affordable) French food. I will probably splurge a bit there, although they make excellent poached eggs, so I might be able to find something WW friendly. And then on Saturday night I will be going to a concert at Merriweather Post Pavillion to see Idina Menzel (the singer from Wicked). I just hope that it doesn't rain because we have lawn seats.

The challenge this weekend will be fitting in some exercise and staying within my points. I plan on working out on Saturday morning, and I was tentatively thinking about going for a jog in my parent's hilly neighborhood (if I can wake up early enough). If not, I will go to Gold's Gym and get in some quality time on the elliptical. And then I will try to make it to my Sunday morning Zumba class in Richmond. Again, if I can't make that, I'll try to get some exercise at my parent;s house.

Wish me luck, and I'll let you know how my plan works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment