Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Cure for Everything is...

Exercise :)

I never thought I'd become one of those crazy people who actually enjoys working out, but here I am. Last night I forced myself to go to my Zumba class when I wanted to take a nap, and I was surprised by how much energy I had. It was a really fun workout, and afterwards I felt 100% better. It's amazing how good exercise is for both one's physical health AND mental health. The annoying thing is that it's so HARD to get myself to work out, but once I do it I feel great. Why is that? Could it be memories of trauma from 7th grade gym class? Could it be sheer laziness? Who knows?

Anyway, for now at least, I'll have to just have the self discipline to go to the gym and hopefully I'll eventually look forward to working out. My coworker and I are both doing Weight Watchers and both trying to get to the gym about four times a week and our "trick" is to put on our gym clothes at the end of the day so that we're not tempted to just go home. So far, it's a very good motivator. Also, we frequently text each other after our workouts so that we're both accountable.

Anyway, today is weigh in day and it's time to look back to last week's goals.

Goal #1. Exercise 4 times (DID IT!)
Goal #2. Eat two servings each of fruits and vegetables each day. (SOMEWHAT DID IT)
Goal #3. Drink more water (FAILED)
Goal #4. Limit alcohol consumption to 2 drinks per sitting. (FAILED SOMEWHAT)

So, not too great, although I did follow through on my exercise goals. This week, I'd like to take a stab at my goals once again, starting with breakfast. This morning, I had my favorite combo sliced mango with oatmeal which knocks off one of my fruit servings right away :)

Anyway, I am changing my weigh in time from Thursday morning to Thursday evening, so if I see a gain, I'm not going to freak out...hopefully...Then, after my meeting I am going to see a movie with E, which should be a fun second date.

Happy Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck at Weigh In - I'm going today over lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those 7th grade gym classes. They left deep scars.

    ReplyDelete