Thursday, July 22, 2010

Taking Opportunities




At 4 pm in the afternoon yesterday, all I could think about was getting to my apartment, putting on sweat pants, ordering a pizza, and watching a movie. But that didn't happen :)

On my way home from work, my friend B called to say that she wanted to go to an Indigo Girls concert and asked if I wanted to come. I love the Indigo Girls, so I couldn't resist the opportunity to see them live, at the National Theater in Richmond. Plus, the tickets were only $20--which is so much cheaper than the concerts I've been to in D.C. So, right away, I changed my plans.

Because the concert didn't start until 8:30, I had just enough time to go to my Zumba class, yay! I went and my old instructor, Diana, was back from her trip and it was a good workout. Then I rushed home, took a shower, and left for the concert. The only unfortunate thing was that I didn't get to eat dinner before the concert. The concert was amazing--they sounded so good and we were able to get really close to the stage :) They played for about an hour and a half and we heard many great songs including the encore, "Closer to Fine." Everyone was dancing and singing along to the music. It was one of my best concerts ever! (I didn't take the picture because I, unfortunately, lost my camera charger.)

I got home at about 11:30 pm (not bad for a concert) and I quickly whipped up a dinner of a sausage, ziti, and tomato sauce. By that point, I was starving :)

Anyway, today is weigh in day, and I'm a little nervous, especially considering my late night, heavy dinner. However, as I said last week, I'm very happy with my body, my clothes are fitting well, so I'm not going to stress about the number on the scale. Wish me luck, and I'll let you know what the verdict is this afternoon. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment