Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Working Out

I have had the hardest time fitting exercise in this week. Yesterday evening, I got off work and went straight to the hairdresser to correct my hair (it's fine now, yay!) and then I went out to dinner with a new guy A.M. We got Mexican food and I had a good time ;) Then, after the date, I went over to my friend's house and ended up hanging out and drinking a few beers until 2 am.

While partying is fun, it's definitely not pleasant getting up only a few hours of sleep. Tonight, I have my Zumba class and plans with JM. But what I really want to do is get back in my pajamas, clean my apartment, watch a movie, and go to bed early. We'll see if that happens.

As I've mentioned before, it's not always easy balancing living healthy with being a social, single 24-year-old. So many activities revolve around food, alcohol, and late nights. You have to have a lot of energy and willpower to stay on the WW plan at the same time. I guess I'm doing pretty well--food wise--but it's definitely making it more difficult to exercise (at least this week). And we all know how important exercise is--not just for toning the body--but also for keeping me motivated to eat healthy. So, as usual, I need to adjust my priorities and get in a good workout.

Anyway, no one is perfect. I'm going to try really hard to get a workout in today, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that balancing your social life with being healthy is one of the hardest parts! One of the things I've done that has helped a lot is identified a few friends that also are healthy minded and we do Healthy Dates. It used to be once a week but its dwindled now since we're so busy. Usually we'll go for a run/swim/bikram/to the gym and then we'll make a healthy dinner and have a (well deserved) glass of wine. This way I get in my social life and still stay on track!

    ReplyDelete