Monday, July 26, 2010

When Life Gets in the Way

Happy Monday everyone. I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while; I had a very busy and fun weekend.

Since Thursday, weigh in day, I have eaten very yummy food. Unfortunately most of it hasn't been WW friendly. On Thursday, I went out with N, a sous chef in Richmond, and he took me to the most incredible Italian/ American gourmet restaurant. I have to brag and tell you what we ate. We started with a course of braised fennel with cheese, which was incredibly yummy. And then we got fried quail with polenta and pinto beans and pasta with mussels in a tomato sauce. We also drank a bottle of red wine and got coffee gelato for dessert. So good!! It was an awesome night:)

Then on Friday night, my mom took the train from Alexandria, VA to Richmond, VA to spend the night with me and help me organize my apartment. (I know, I'm pretty lucky to have a mom willing to do that!) We ended up spending hours sorting through my gigantic piles of laundry and figuring out what was dirty, too big, too small, too old, etc...After that, we went out to dinner at a restaurant near my house called Cafe Diem where we got steak on toast, salad, and grilled tuna. On Saturday, I got really delicious sicilian pizza at an Italian restaurant (only had one slice though!). And yesterday, I cooked for N--I made ziti with sausage and fennel. It's a really delicious meal, but not WW friendly. I tried to limit my portion size, though.

Needless to say, I've fallen a little off the wagon since Thursday. But, at least, I ate truly delicious food and I didn't binge in private (which can be a problem for me). I also went to the gym on Sunday afternoon and did 42 minutes on the elliptical, so that was good. As I've said before, living healthy is a constant balancing act, so this week I'm going to attempt to make healthier choices :) The only problem is that N is cooking for me tonight at his restaurant in Richmond. Oh well :)

How was your weekend? Do you find it hard to make healthy choices when you're being social?

1 comment:

  1. Balancing a social life with being healthy is the hardest part for sure! But, you gotta live a little! Sounds like you did a good job watching your portions which is essential. Also sounds like things with "N" are going well! ;)

    ReplyDelete