Friday, October 22, 2010

It's Time to Celebrate--Birthday Weekend

There is a fine line between being focused on this WLJ and being obsessive. And I think I may have crossed it yesterday ;)

After taking a day to put last week's weigh in result in perspective and hearing advice from everyone--my parents, siblings, friends, and members of the WW community--I have come to the conclusion that it's unrealistic to expect to lose more than a pound a week. Even when you work your butt off. And when I set crazy expectations that I don't have control of, it can lead me to get upset and sabotage my healthy lifestyle. Which is not what I want to do.

So, on that note, let me take back what I said yesterday and properly celebrate my 1.2 loss. After about six months of making healthy changes, I have accomplished the following:

-I am officially 1.2 pounds lighter this week and only 33.4 pounds away from reaching a healthy weight.

-I have lost 56.6 pounds and have gone from a size 18-20 to a size 12-14.

-When I started, it was a struggle to walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes at 3.5. Now, I can jog on the treadmill for 40 minutes on 4.5.

-I have tried five new classes at Gold's gym--Zumba, Body Jam, Body Pump, Pilates, and Step. I can jog 1.5 hilly miles outside.

-I routinely eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.

-I can feel my collar bones and hip bones.

-I have much more self confidence and I am starting to like the shape of my body.

When I began this journey at the end of March, I could never imagine that by just October I would have made so much progress. So, if I consider the 1.2 loss from that perspective, it's one small victory that has lead up to this amazing progress.

Anyway, speaking of the passage of time, my birthday is tomorrow (I turn 25) and I'm excited to celebrate this weekend and splurge a bit. My dad's birthday is today (he's turning 52) and I'm heading up to Nova to celebrate the birthdays (mine, my dad's and my grandma's) this weekend. My goal is to indulge some but stick within my DPs and WPs (I may have to exercise more and earn some APs as well) and get in some exercise on Saturday and/ or Sunday. Happy Friday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh happy almost birthday!! I'm so glad you're changing your mentality to appreciate the 1.2 pound loss instead of thinking its not enough - - they all add up and you've made amazing progress in just 6 months!!! It took me over a year to lose 50. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! you look great and have done awesome with your accomplishments. Keep it up. you are an inspiration to me. i have lost 30 lbs and need to get back to tracking and eating right. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I think it would be better if we could weigh ourselves only once a month instead of once a week. I don't think I could handle waiting that long, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the birthday wishes and encourgement everyone!

    ReplyDelete