Thursday, October 28, 2010

Focusing on Filling Foods

I am astonished, and pleasantly surprised, by how my meeting turned out today. I weighed in and tried not to be disappointed by the 0.6 loss. I did my best, but it's that time of the month, and well, it's hard to see a small loss when you work so hard. I know, I know, I wrote in my blog post that I didn't care what the scale says. But I do. A little bit.

So, during the meeting I spoke up and told everyone how frustrated I was. And everyone was incredibly supportive. Members told me how proud they were about the amount of weight I had lost and how toned and fit I was looking. That felt really nice.

I explained that I was "starving" all of the time and found it hard to stay within my 25 points. When I said that, the leader and the members looked at me in surprise and said that I should be full eating 25 points and asked what I was eating. We went over my menu and it looks like I need to eat more filling foods and snack more often (especially when I work out). They told me there's a menu builder on E-tools, so when I got back to the meeting I checked it out. It's a really cool tool that helps you create menus that fulfill your nutritional requirements.

So I have come up with a menu for the week, which I'm going to try to stick to =)
Now, I am not particularly organized, but I think my diet could use some improvements, and I'd like to stop feeling hungry all the time.

Here's the menu for tomorrow:

B: coffee yogurt with granola and banana (5)

L: Ham wrap: 1 tortilla, 1 tsp mayo, 2 oz of lunch meat ham, 2 oz of cheese, 1/2 cup lettuce, and 1/2 cup red pepper. Apple (8)

S: 1 cup sliced strawberries and fat free vanilla yogurt (3)

D: Stir fry beef: 4 oz beef, 1 tsp canola oil, 1 tsp ginger, 1/2 cup red pepper, 1/4 cup carrots, and 1/4 cup onion. With 1 cup of brown rice on the side. (9)

What do you think? Sound like a plan?

1 comment:

  1. Filling foods are SO important when your points start dwindling. Have you tried greek yogurt rather than the flavored kind? It's usually 2 points for a cup or 1 pt for a half cup and has 14-17 grams of protein per cup. You can add a little truvia, vanilla or splenda if you like to sweeten it up but that fills me up so much more than the sweetened kind!

    ReplyDelete