Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Fun

I worked out twice over the weekend, but I also managed to use just about all my 35 weeklies on alcohol and snacks. So, I guess that evens out, right? I hope so.

I had a great time this weekend. After work on Friday I tried a new class at Gold's Gym, Body Pump. I'd been meaning to try some resistance training in addition to cardio. Randomly, on Friday afternoon I met this girl in the locker room and she convinced me to give Body Pump a chance, despite the scary name. The class was definitely a challenge for me. It consisted of an hour of doing arm weights, lunges, squats and sit-ups. I could barely move the next day, and I'm still sore three days later!

Friday night was full of drunken debauchery, so I won't go into much detail there, haha. Needless to say, I had a good time. Then on Saturday, I went to an old friend's surprise birthday party, which was awesome. I hadn't seen her in several months and she definitely noticed my weight loss. And then on Sunday I went to the Folk Life Festival in Richmond. It was an amazing time, and yes, I splurged and got the funnel cake ;)

All in all, it was a great weekend, and I'm a little sad to be back at work today. I forced myself to jog for 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday and now my legs hurt more than ever. I also plan on going to a Pilate's class tonight, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh I've always wanted to try Body Pump! I have heard its crazy so I'm not that surprised that you're so sore 3 days later!

    ReplyDelete