Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pilates

Despite being pretty sore yesterday, I forced myself to try out the Pilates class at Gold's gym. I'm so glad that I did, because it wasn't too intense and it definitely helped me to stretch out my sore muscles.

The last time I tried Pilates was before I started losing weight. I remember doing a tape with my mom and struggling quite a bit to reach/ maintain the poses. I could barely squeeze my legs together, much less use my stomach muscles to lift myself up.

I was surprised by how much easier the class was this time around. My thighs fit together with no problem, and I had no trouble getting into the majority of the positions. My only problem occurred when we had to balance on the huge rubber balls. I kept tipping over ;)

It's amazing how much I have changed over the past six months. Before losing weight, I was afraid to try any new activities because I figured I would fail or that the activity would be too strenuous. These days, I feel fairly confident trying new exercise classes, from Body Pump to Pilates. I know that I'm not in great shape, by any means, but I am capable of doing a lot more than before I started WW.

Anyway, I have to get back to work. Happy Tuesday everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I've never done Pilates either! I am so jealous you have all these classes at the gym. That's the one thing I miss about having a gym membership!

    ReplyDelete