Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Believe it or not...

For the last three weeks, I have exercised 4-5 times. What's even crazier, I have enjoyed getting so much exercise.

Say whaaat???

This is coming from the girl who avoided exercise at all costs, who dreaded carrying grocery bags up the flight of stairs to my apartment.

This girl has actually started to like exercise. I like the way my body feels when I exercise. I like the feeling I get in the middle of an exercise when I'm starting to sweat, yet I know that I can complete the workout.

Most of all, I love the confidence that exercise gives me. You want to go on a hike, fine by me. You want to go on a bike ride, that's cool too. And if you, crazy person that you are, want to go on a jog outside, I'll grab my sneakers and join you. All of a sudden, I've become the kind of person that I used to envy (and let's face it, possibly loathe) the exercise junkie. I've become the kind of person who pushes activities aside to schedule in exercise. I've become the obnoxious person who talks about exercise in public and fantasizes about owning a Heart Rate Monitor.

So, as you can tell, I've been on track this week with exercising and eating healthy. My biggest challenge has been sticking to my DPs (daily points), but I have given myself some wiggle room with that. If I go over by 1-2 points, I let it slide because I earn at least 2 APs (Activity Points) for each workout. This, after all, is a lifestyle change, and there is no way that I'm going to settle for going to bed hungry for the rest of my life. So, I might as well make the plan work for me. Bizzarly enough, I have the sneaky suspicion that I actually need to extra 1-2 points to keep losing weight as well, so that my body doesn't go in starvation mode.

I also need to work on eating more filling foods. I squander 2 points daily on crackers/ baked chips with my lunch and that doesn't keep me full at all. I'd be better served to eat something like carrots and some 1 pt dip (I'll have to remember to buy that when I go to the grocery store). I also use up a lot of points on my higher calorie wheat bread, but in that case, I think it's worth it because the sandwich thins/ bagel thin don't fill me up.

Anyway, I have to get back to work. Happy hump day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. It's really great when your mentality switches like that, isn't it? Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I've become that person, too, the one that I used to hate and envy. I can run! Currently doing C25K - I could never run before, and I can do it now. I can play tennis, and hike, and it's wonderful. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete