Monday, October 4, 2010

Back on Track

I am proud to report that I am back on the exercising/ eating healthy wagon. Since my weigh in on Thursday when I gained 1.4 pounds, I have worked out twice and stayed within my daily and weekly points. I know that it's only Monday, but I feel really pleased that I have managed to get back on track after my two week relapse.

On Friday night I went to the gym after work and jogged on the treadmill. I jogged at alternating two minute increments of 4.2 and 4.4 for 32 minutes. While that may not sound fast to you, it's the fastest I've ever gone on the treadmill. When I first started WW in March, I could only manage 3.5, so I feel like I've definitely gotten into better shape in the past six months.

After going to the gym, I went to see The Social Network with a new guy E. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, I don't want to spoil it for you, but I was not impressed. I love Aaron Sorkin and I was really excited to see the movie, but I felt like the dialogue was kind of flat. Anyway, after the movie, we went to hear my favorite swing band play at the neighborhood bar, which was awesome. And then I ended up going to two more bars and stayed up until 4am. Good times ;)

On Saturday, I drove up to Nova to visit my parents and see my best friend Michael. Michael and I cooked up an awesome dinner of sausage and peppers and tater tots. Yum.

And on Sunday, I went for a jog in my parents' incredibly hilly neighborhood. The jog was much tougher than the treadmill, but it felt really good. It was really nice spending the day with my family yesterday. We went out for breakfast. I went for a walk with my brother Nick (and ended up with muddy clothing thanks to an unfortunate dare!), made white bean chili with family friends, Ann and Mike, and ate a delicious dinner of roasted chicken and collard greens .

Unfortunately, I got back to Richmond pretty late (around 10pm) so I'm a bit tired this morning. Oh well. It's worth it because I had an awesome weekend. Anyway, gotta get back to work. I hope that everyone has a great Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting back on track this weekend! I did the same thing and really refocused because I had taken 10 days off from working out and drank heavily 5 of the 7 days on Friday. It feels so good to be back on track and centered! :)

    ReplyDelete