Thursday, October 14, 2010

Disappointing Verdict

After a week of sticking within my points and exercising FIVE times...

I am down 0.6.

Now, I know that first of all, a loss is a loss. And I also know that I had a very big loss last week. And I also know that I could possibly be building some muscle mass.

But none of that makes me feel any better. I keep analyzing my week. Was it the 1/2 of funnel cake that I ate at the Folk Life Festival? Or was it the two glasses of wine I had on Tuesday evening? I thought all of that fit into my 35 weekly points, but maybe not? However, I have splurged in previous weeks and lost? Why not this time?

This is probably the most frustrating part about losing weight. You get on a role and think if I can only lose X pounds per week, I'll be at my goal in X time. So you force yourself to go to the gym, you eat healthier food in smaller portions, and you pray to the WW gods that you'll see a substantial loss on the scale. Sometimes it happens. And sometimes, like today, it doesn't.

I guess the only thing to do is to keep chugging along. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I know its hard to see .6 as a lot, but you've lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks this far into your journey! Also, sometimes salt can make you retain water so think about whether you've had any really salty in the last 24-48 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in your shoes last weekend! After busting my bum at the gym, getting really focused with tracking/pointing... I gained .8 Saturday morning. It was the day before my girl week, so after having a big ole pity party cry fest in my car, I made myself realize that the tortilla chips I ate Thursday night and the beer that I enjoyed earlier in the week did not sabotage me-- it's that kind of thinking that takes me to not great places with food and my motivation to focus. You did the best thing-- accepted it, acknowledged what may have made it happen, and are still chugging along. Good for you, and good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete