Sunday, June 20, 2010

Climbing Roofs

Happy Sunday everyone! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day in Richmond. I'm sorry for failing to post yesterday--I don't have much of an excuse except that after my Zumba class (11:30am-12:30am) I spent a good deal of the day/ night sleeping. I guess I was exhausted from Friday night ;)

Friday night started out with me going to the gym. I tried the Spin Class, but it was a dismal failure. Here's what happened...I got there five minutes late because of work, and the class had already started. However, I summoned my courage and walked into the class where dozens of INCREDIBLY FIT people were pumping on their bikes. So I walked to a bike and tried to get me feet into the pedals, but they wouldn't go in (Spin classes use very complicated bikes). Then I realized I had to adjust the seat, but there were several levers and the room was pretty dark. So after disrupting the class for about 5 minutes, I decided to leave. I will have to try another spin class--one that meets at a more convenient time. Anyway, after trying the class, I returned to my old standby, the elliptical and got in a good workout, 37 minutes, 2.75 miles, and 375 calories burned (but I'm always slightly skeptical).

After the class, I rushed home to shower, eat, and dress before my date at 8pm.
The date went really well. The guy (who turns out to be 21 years old) picked me up and we went to a movie, and then we went to a Hookah bar afterward. It was really fun--the only downside was that he is just my height and super skinny. I felt so much bigger than him that I felt a little uncomfortable. However, he didn't seem to mind and he was really nice ;) We have plans to go to Belle Island for a picnic on Monday evening.

I got home at around midnight, and instead of going to bed I walked upstairs to my neighbor B's apartment who was having some people over. We hung out and drank a bottle of wine. At about 1:00am, my neighbor suggested climbing onto the roof of one of the buildings in Richmond and I thought that was an awesome idea ;) So we walked a few blocks in Richmond and got to this roof that had one of those fire escape ladders that you have to pull yourself onto. At first, I didn't think I could do it, but I managed to hoist myself up there. All of that working out must have done something. It felt amazing to be able to do something physically challenging. Anyway, we went home and nothing happened...like that. I think I learned my lesson with J: it is not a good idea to get involved (especially drunkenly) with neighbors.

Anyway, needless to say, my Zumba class was definitely a challenge on Saturday morning but I went and sweated through it. Then I came home, and basically lounged/ slept for the rest of the day and night. I think I needed a chance to relax and catch up on sleep, because I feel much more energized now.

Anyway, today I am going to my Zumba class at 9am-10am, then I'm trying out a church (for the second time), and then I'm meeting this guy to play volleyball and grab a beer. So, overall today should be pretty fun. I gotta run and get dressed for Zumba. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment