Monday, June 28, 2010

Ice Cream Success

Happy Monday everyone! I'm sorry I failed to post this weekend, but what with traveling to my parent's house to help with their construction project, going on two dates, and going to my Zumba class I did not have much time to post ;)

All in all, it was a good, active weekend. I struggled with tracking my meals but I think I managed to eat pretty well and stay (mostly) within my points. On Friday, I went out with a new guy, A, and we had a great time. He took me to this nice Greek restaurant near Carytown and I splurged for the evening. We started out with red wine, then we got Greek salads and stuffed grape leaves. I ordered a pork tenderloin kabob for my main dish and it was very yummy and then we split a piece of baklava for dessert. And then we walked around Carytown and got ICE CREAM CONES--my favorite dessert in the whole world. Overall, I tried to enjoy my indulgence in moderation--I only hate half of my entree, only had a few forkfulls of baklava, and only had about half of my gigantic ice cream cone. Now, for me that is a major NSV (Non-scale victory) because I have never in my life thrown away left over ice cream. However, on Friday night as I was licking my cone, it hit me that I was actually pretty full, so I threw it away.

When I counted my points, I estimated about 16 points for the whole dinner, so I had to break into some of my weeklies. But the date was fun and it's nice to splurge once in a while ;)

On Saturday, I drove to my parent's house outside of DC (early) to help put up drywall in the new addition, as my Father's Day gift for my dad. Basically, my dad has tackled a huge project to enlarge my parent's bedroom and bathroom and he needs all the help he can get (since he also works a full time job). So, my entire family pitched in yesterday to help with the gigantic job of putting up the drywall. I basically did whatever I was asked to do--from carrying huge pieces of drywall from the driveway to the house, hammering staples, covering the insulation with plastic, etc...It was pretty hard work, and it was a relief when we were finished. To celebrate, we had a very nice steak dinner, with organic steak, baked potatoes, asparagus, and tomato salad. Yum!

I drove back to Richmond early on Sunday morning so that I could make my 9am Zumba class. The class was fun and it felt nice to get some cardio in (I hadn't "worked out" since Wednesday, although the work on Saturday was pretty tiring. And then I went to a movie with JM on Sunday night.

All in all, a very busy weekend. Anyway, I have to get back to work. How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment