Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dropping the ball

Sometimes I feel like I am juggling so many different aspects of my life. I see my various responsibilites as glass snow globes (don't ask me why that image comes to mind) and, well, yesterday I dropped one of the snow globes. And the pieces of glass shattered throughout my house.

More specifically, I "forgot" to pay a utlities bill (I was hoping no one would notice) and the utilities company turned my gas off. I cannot describe the feeling of panic when you walk into your home and realize that something feels different--oh wait, the stove won't turn on. So anyway, I had to pay the bill which involved driving to the office this morning and means that I have to be home between 12-4. I have learned my lesson the hard way--always pay your utilites bills.

Oh and I stepped in cat poop this morning, and I'm not sure if I can (or want to) describe that particular sensation either.

Anyway, enough about that. The good news is that the bill is paid, I will have gas this afternoon, and I will try to be a financially responsible adult from now on :)

So anyway, yesterday I took a day off from the gym and I ate a very light point day (I think I was punishing myself) so I only ate 17.5 points. I also went out with R last night--and ironically he asked me to pay for the two of us (when HE invited me). I hate to be bitchy, but seriously even my 16-year-old brother, who doesn't have much money, would pay for a girl on a third date--particularly if he asked her out. And yet somehow R didn't. I have to admit it was particularly bad timing. And I'm sorry to say that R's decision makes it that much easier for me to cut things off with him. Oh well. Lot's more fish in the sea--although I'm beginning to doubt that.

As for today, I will be leaving work early, but I am DEFINITELY going to my Zumba class tonight--exercise always makes me feel better. And my netflix dvds are supposed to come today, which is good. So, I'm planning on going home, going to Zumba, and then watching a dvd while eating a yummy dinner.

Hopefully, my day will go a little better from here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment