Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hunger pains

Despite having oatmeal and a strong cup of coffee this morning, I am feeling VERY hungry now, at 11:30am. Thank goodness that lunch is in a half an hour. At my last Weight Watchers meeting, we discussed hunger and strategies for dealing with it--like eating frequent snacks, eating filling foods, and drinking lots of water. So to combat the hunger I drank 1 liter of water. Unfortunately, I am still hungry :) Must be the real thing.

I did not make it to my Body Jam class last night, as I had intended. 7:30pm is a very awkward time for me to work out because by that point, I'm kind of settling down for the night, lame I know :) But I get off work at 5:00pm, and I drive to work at 7:30 am. So by 7:30 pm, I like to eat dinner and do something relaxing like watch a movie or read a book--which is the complete opposite of a Body Jam workout, haha. Besides, I was sore from Zumba two days in a row and my heels are covered in blisters from walking in the park on Sunday with high heels. ANYWAY, I am going to the gym this evening, I promise! Because, after all, I want my weigh in this week to be a success--hopefully I can lose back the pound that I gained last week ;)

Today, I am wearing a skirt that I haven't worn since my Syracuse days--a size 14 non-elastic black and white striped number, and I'm so pleased. It feels great to be finally fitting back into some of my nice "skinny" clothes. Closet shopping is truly an awesome thing--particularly because it's free :) As usual, I am trying to resist the urge to buy new clothes, but I really want a summer dress. I was thinking about stopping by a thrift shop or Ross after work to find something cheap and pretty. After all, it's been about 90 degrees every day this week and the summer is only beginning (haha, that's how I'm going to justify the purchase anyway).

In other news, I had a slight J relapse last night--I texted him to see if he wanted to watch a movie. I know, I know...BAD IDEA. He asked to postpone until tonight, and this morning I texted back to CANCEL. I would love to see him, but it's really not a good idea and it might set me back emotionally (and even in this Weight Loss Journey), so I'm going to be smart and give him some space. It's hard, but I ultimately think I made the right decision.

Anyway, wish me luck at the gym tonight. I think I'm going to shoot for 37 minutes on the elliptical and maybe some leg weights. I wish there was a dance class, but unfortunately they aren't offered tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment